A JA program for grades 9 to 12
Over a four-month period, JA’s Company Program teaches grades nine to 12 students how to organize and operate a real business. With the help of volunteers from the local business community, students will design, manage and liquidate a business as they learn to launch and run a small enterprise. Students will gain business confidence and experience as this hands-on program empowers them to become Canada’s future CEOs.
- Students will
- Solve real business challenges
- Gather data, evaluate choices and create a business plan
- Learn how to incorporate their business
- Capitalize by selling shares
- Develop and market a product or service
- Learn about teamwork, responsibility and business ethics
- Appoint a management team to best enable them to achieve their company’s mission
- Maintain and analyze financial records
- Set sales goals and make effective sales pitches
Hear from JA-NEO alumnus Megan Collyer on how JA’s Company Program helped inspire and empower her to pursue her career goals.