A JA program for grade 8 to 10 students
For many students, the transition from high school to post-secondary education or employment can be overwhelming. Students often feel that their high-school experiences haven’t adequately prepared them to meet the demands of university, a career or living on their own.
JA’s interactive Economics for Success program helps young learners develop a better understanding of life after high school, the advantages of staying in school and how to live independently. Local business mentors partner with classroom teachers to help students see the link between education and achieving their goals.
- Students will
- Learn why it’s important to stay in school and explore post-secondary options
- Gain an understanding of what life is like after high school
- Map their interests, skills and passions into possible careers
- Learn how to network, identify a mentor and create a strong personal brand
- Create a budget to prepare for the financial reality of post-secondary life
- Develop strategies to help them achieve their goals