A JA Program for Grades 5 to 6
Students are often taught that success means “getting a good job” after graduation. Many are not aware that launching a business is a viable career option that can bring them amazing opportunities.
Starting a business is simply not a career option that most children are encouraged to consider.
JA’s Our Business World interactive program helps young students explore how businesses are created and what makes them thrive. Using engaging games and multimedia, students learn about innovation, start-ups and self-employment. Students will find they understand the power of the Canadian entrepreneurial spirt in a free enterprise system.
- Learn why businesses are created and how they change
- Explore where customers come from and how to keep them
- Discuss how business contributes to the well-being of a community
- Recognize how businesses can impact the environment in both positive and negative ways
- Learn about the history of some Canadian businesses and how they’ve changed over time
- Understand of the importance of innovation
- Describe what makes an entrepreneur innovative